Social Team Leader (Mandalay)
Career > Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
We are looking for a Myanmar National to be Social Team Leader at our hydropower project site. The Social Team Leader will:
- Lead Hydropower Project on all social components of the project including but not limited to: community engagement, government engagement, design and implementation of social development programming, land acquisition and compensation negotiations, resettlement, livelihood restoration, public disclosure & grievance redress mechanism.
- Support compliance with social criteria, regulations and requirements in accordance with Myanmar Law, Concession Agreement, Loan Agreement, and international best practices/International financial institution standards
- Work in close coordination and manage relationship with Myanmar government entities (i.e. Ministry of Energy and Electricity, Department of Hydro Power Implementation), local government and authorities (i.e. Resettlement Committee) Project Affected People (PAPs), Civil Society and media
- Lead the Social Team
- Lead in preparing, organizing and implementing main social activities such as: public consultation and dissemination, land acquisition, compensation and resettlement, livelihood restoration, social development programs, infrastructure development and document control and support E&S Management in elaborating necessary key social documents
- Support coordination and supervision of the social team staff on human resource issues
- Leads in communicating and working with Project Affected People
- Support coordination and facilitation of meetings, communication and relation building with relevant stakeholders, particularly government bodies, local Civil society and media.
- Provide support to full process of engaging contractors and sub-contractors to carry out specific activities relevant to social management team such as: bidding contracts, procurement, monitor, supervise, manage and evaluate progress and performance of companies performing work as contractor.
- Monitor the time planning, usage of resources and budget for social activities
- Support the international E&S management with translation and interpretation from English-Myanmar and Myanmar-English.
- Coordinate closely with the Environmental Team and the Database Team
- Support organization of field visit by consortium entities, lenders and other stakeholders
- Carry out and/or assist in other works as directed for the company
- Support the training of social technical staff
- Minimum Bachelor degree, preferably Master Degree in Development Studies or other related field
- Minimum 10 years of working experience, preferably with large scale infrastructure projects on range of social activities including at village level
- Experience working with private sector and government entities
- Experience in administration, coordination and management of human resources and budgets
- Experience and/or familiarity with IFC, WB or ADB standards
- Fluent in Myanmar and English
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office products, primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Full time work station in Mandalay. Daily trips to the project site and occasional overnight stay at the site. O/T might be necessary from time to time especially close to deadlines. Occasional trips to Yangon and Nay Pyi Taw as and when required for meetings.