Senior Grievance Redress Officer (Mandalay)
Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction Business Sector
Number of Vacancies - 1
We are looking for a Senior Grievance Redress Officer for one Hydropower project. The Officer will:
- Prepare, update and implement Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) in compliance with national and international standards and best practices
- Pro-actively engage with relevant Project stakeholders, including adversely impacted communities and persons, relevant government bodies, and other stakeholders, in a positive and constructive manner.
- Engage with persons or entities who have concerns, grievances or complaints regarding the projects activities and identify solutions by conflict mediation and conflict resolution process.
- Identify any potential Public Consultation and Disclosure or Grievance Redress Mechanism issues for the project and propose measures to avoid, minimize or mitigate these situations.
Grievance Redress Mechanism
- Lead/support Government of Myanmar (GoM) and Company in facilitating discussions regarding grievances and concerns between project affected people-Company-Government of Myanmar.
- Lead/support GoM and Company in collecting statements and/or evidence related to the grievance
- Lead/support GoM and Company in analysis of statements and/or evidence related to the grievance.
- Facilitate discussion in the negotiation and conflict resolution process
- Maintain database with detailed information of the grievance statement including additional information obtained throughout the GRM process, time needed for each phase, agreements and disagreements etcetera.
- Prepare detailed reports of each grievance when requested by management, PAP or by GoM.
- Lead/support GoM and Company in capacity building of relevant government bodies and company staff on the process of Grievance Redress Mechanism
- Lead the preparation and implementation of (public) consultation meetings with all relevant stakeholders including preparation of strategies, methods, techniques and communication materials required during such meetings.
- Lead (public) consultation meetings in timely, factual, clear manner and ensure relevant information is communicated between the Company and the Government and between the company and the adversely impacted community and/or PAP.
- Consult with non-government and civil society organisations, environmental, social welfare groups as required
- Record outcomes of meetings with stakeholders and provide input into the stakeholder database.
- Fluent in Burmese; excellent English language skills (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in using computer, including Microsoft excel and typing in both English and Burmese languages
- Minimum Bachelor degree social field, preferably Master Degree in Public Relation, Counselling or other related field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience, preferably with large scale infrastructure projects on public consultation and disclosure & grievance redress mechanism activities
- Experience working with private sector and government entities
- Experience in administration, coordination and management of human resources and budgets
- Experience and/or familiarity with IFC, WB or ADB standards
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office products, primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Full time work station at Project site, approximately 1 hour by motorbike or car from Mandalay. Frequent trips to Mandalay, including some overnight. O/T might be necessary from time to time especially close to deadlines. Occasional trips to Yangon as required for meetings.