Senior Financial Controller
Career > Shwe Taung Group
Shwe Taung is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, religion, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, parental status or age.
Shwe Taung is actively looking for a Senior Financial Controller to take overall responsibility for the Finance and Account function. The position is open to both locals and expats, with preference given to those currently living in Myanmar.
This step is to screen out applicants who do not read the Job Description: interested applicants are invited to submit their CVs to email@example.com with the subject line “SFC application – Vision 2020”. Emails with different subject lines will not be considered.
Overall Job Responsibility
The Senior Financial Controller supervises the internal and external reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis that support major decisions of the Group CFO, CEO, Management Committee and the Board of Directors.
He / She is ultimately accountable: (1) for the financial reporting and monitoring and implementation of SAP and internal financial controls, and (2) for identifying, maintaining, and evaluating relevant internal and external information to be able to form recommendations in achieving the business’s goal.
Detailed Job Description
The Financial Controller:
- Reports to the Group CFO and to the CEO
- Presents financial and management reports to the Management Committee
- Supports the Group CFO in the presentation of the financial and management reports to the Board of Directors
- Supervises the Financial Controller and the Controlling Team;
- Ensure that the business is in full compliance with IFRS,
- Manages the roll out and full implementation of SAP ERP system,
- Manages the Controlling functions including, but not limited to, all accounting operations such as Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, capitalization and Revenue and costs Recognition,
- Manages internal and external reports (financial statements, tax returns, monthly/quarterly and annual report to management) on regular and timely basis,
- Ensures the accuracy of financial records,
- Reviews and monitors compliance with internal controls over the business sector’s accounting and financial procedures,
- Manages interactions with external auditors for the audit of the business sector’s financial statements,
- Manages and complies with local, state, and union government reporting requirements and tax filings,
- Supervises the Financial Planning & Analysis Team;
- Manages and lead the preparation of the annual budget, forecast, and long-range or five-year plan;
- Reviews and ensure accuracy of financial and variance analysis
- Develops insightful suggestions for investment, sourcing, cost reduction and leads strategic business decisions to achieve its business sector goals and plans
- Prior experience in Construction, Property Development, Real Estate and Infrastructure will be preferred
- An MBA, qualified CPA or CFA with more than 15 years of experience, minimum 5 years in a senior Finance related leadership role