Safety, Health & Environmental Manager
Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction is searching for a dynamic, self-driven and hard-working Safety, Health & Environmental Manager in bridges construction projects. He/she will report directly to Project Director or Head of Safety, Health & Environmental.
Dala Bridge Project
Project located in Yangon and approach bridge is 576 m and Ramp A is 467 m and Ramp B is 526 m. The scope of project is foundation & Sub Structure (Yangon Approach Bridge, Ramp –A & Ramp – B).
Yangon Mandalay Railway Project
Project located in between Nyaunglaypin and Taunggoo in Bago Division in Myanmar. Total 4 New Bridges and 105 Box Culvert Briidge No.203( 100m), Bridge No.183(75m), Bridge No.181(48m) & Bridge No.158( 54m )Precast I Girder, Steel Plate Girder, Steel Box Girder, Substructure and Piling Foundation Work.
Kawkareik Bridge Project
Project located in Mawlamyaing Myawaddy Road,Kawkareik Township, Kayin State, Myanmar.
The scope of project is bored piling, structural excavation, pile cap, column, crosshead, steel girder erection. Bridge length is 580 m and width is 22.69 m and cable stayed bridge.
- Develop and execute Safety, Health and Environment plans in the workplace according to regulatory requirement, Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction HSSSE guidelines and client requirements.
- Prepare and enforce project related safety policies, procedures, SSoWs, inspections and actions plans and ensure the compliance of them.
- Lead risk assessment process and implementation of efficient control measures, advise project management team on Occupational Safety and Health legislation, safe methods of working, prevention of hazards and control measures.
- Assist project managers on sub-contractor’s safety, health and environmental requirements and compliance throughout the lifecycle of the projects.
- Found and participate in project HSE committee to ensure effective Health & Safety communication and worker participation.
- Conduct basic trainings, briefings and meetings for Safety, Health and Environmental matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance of Safety, Health and Environmental plans through inspections and provide reports.
- Assist with accident investigations, incidents, near miss reporting to make recommendations to avoid recurrence.
- Review policies, procedures, assessments and SSoWs to ensure they are still suitable and efficient.
- Recommend solutions to Safety, Health and Environmental related issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Provide reports on Safety, Health and Environmental performance to project management, clients and HSSSE Department.
- Support and coach site management team on all aspects of Health and Safety.
- Support applicable internal and external Safety, Health and Environmental audits and inspections.
- Maintain good safety culture within the project.
- Preference will be given to Myanmar nationals.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Engineering or Safety Management background is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years proven experience in Construction Health and Safety field, experience in management role is preferable.
- Age between 30-40.
- Valid Occupational Health and Safety Qualification (prefer WSH WSQ Portfolio or NEBOSH Qualifications)
- Thorough understanding, development and implementation of Health and Safety Management system and plans.
- Ability in producing reports, good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Attention to detail and outstanding observation ability.