Quality Assurance and Quality Control Manager (International/ Regional)
Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction have been constructing many types of the construction projects such as Bridges, Buildings, Roads, Railway and Structures related to Energy Sector.
We are looking for Quality Assurance and Quality Control Managers based at site for the Construction of Bridge Projects, Building Projects and Railway Projects. The contract period will be minimum 1 year.
Our quality control services are intended to assure that the quality of all the works including supply of materials, fabrication and construction activities strictly conforms to the Employer’s project requirements as well as the applicable codes and standards.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Quality Assurance and Quality Control Manager shall be directly responsible for all the quality assurance and quality control issues of the project. He/ She will have both the authority and the duty to halt any operation appearing to be out of compliance with contract specifications.
- The Quality Assurance and Quality Control Manager is responsible for keeping and maintaining all the records related to the inspection and testing, supplies, equipment and equipment calibration and sampling. His/ Her function will be to ensure the compliance with the contract plans and specifications.
- The responsibilities of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control Manager shall include but not limited to the following:
- Implement the QA/QC management system at site, including Project Quality Control Plan
- Perform all daily inspections and testing to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all kind of works under the contract
- Carry out the inspection and checking for all quality related procedures at the site and construction activities are conducted as per approved method statement, inspection & testing plan as well as the applicable codes and standards
- Coordinate with the project teams, all the site sub-contractors and vendors for all non-destructive testing on site and meeting about the quality problems
- Prepare Daily Quality Inspection Reports/ Weekly QA/QC Reports/ Monthly QA/QC Reports
- Ensure that all inspection reports are accurate and that all attached documents are current status
- Distribute the relevant QA/QC documents to the project teams and all sub-contractors
- Scheduling, reviewing, certifying and managing project quality document submittals
- Attend all the meetings related to the quality matters
- Participate in the site internal and external site audits
- Ensure that all quality control documents are compiled and competed for as-built hand over
- Control all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action
- Compete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses
- Assist with employees to ensure knowledge of all quality standards and ensure compliance to all quality manual and procedures and collaborate with the sub-contractors and suppliers to maintain the quality of all systems
- Assist the Project Management Team in the preparation of tender document for sub-contractor works and preparation of the construction procedures and method of statement
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing and executing Request for Information (RFIs) requests with designers and engineers when field problems and design problems occur to remedy issues quickly and cost effectively.
- Adapt the Project Quality Control Plan if additional phases of work are added.
- Coordinate the field sampling activities if required
- Ensure that the maintenance and calibration of lab equipment to appropriate levels, if required
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Employer requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree of Civil Engineering, preferred Master Degree
- At least 10 years overall relevant experience on range of Civil Construction QA/QC and strong knowledge about the construction of Bridges, Railway and Condominium Projects
- Ability to develop and manage non-conformance, deficiencies, and reporting programs, including root cause analysis
- Require to have a detailed and thorough knowledge and understanding of the contracts and how to read and comprehend construction drawings, engineering reports, and materials specifications
- Good analytical skills and excellence quality tools and methodologies
- Sound knowledge and experience in ISO Quality Management System
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent technical writing skills in English (mandatory). Experience in preparing reports, proposals, and/or publications of international standard
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines and under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- South East Asia living and work experience, preferably work experience in Myanmar
- Fluency in English mandatory. Additional language abilities such as Myanmar language skills
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Daily Inspection Report
- Weekly QA/QC Report
- Monthly QA/QC report
- Other reporting as requested by the Project Management and Company’s Management
- Flexible, patient, respectful