Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction is searching for a dynamic, self-driven and hard-working Head of Quantity Surveying, to be responsible to estimate costs of construction and infrastructure projects, working with contractors, builders, and architects to provide the most cost effective plans that meet high quality standards. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational and communication skills in order to manage and direct development plans.
Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction is building the future of Myanmar, providing sustainable engineering and construction solutions for smarter growth. We are continually improving standards of living and connecting people by creating international quality housing, commercial developments, transportation infrastructure and energy solutions.
To maximise project margins and add value to the construction process by proactively informing management’s decision regarding procurement and cost management.
- Supervise the performance of the quantity surveying team to ensure quality and timeliness in delivery.
- Prepare tender / bid evaluations and provide recommendations by coordinating with the quantity surveyors and construction managers.
- Provide all the technical data to be included in the project’s reports and such other reports, exercises or investigations required by the team or client.
- Forecast and prepare the overall cost of projects.
- Oversee the track changes logs and adjust budget accordingly.
- Review and validate certification of contractor pay applications.
- Liaise with clients and other construction professionals to claim financial analysis, resolve potential issues.
- Participate in all change order negotiations.
- Analyse information and market and make recommendations to CEO and COOs.
- Review the commercial aspects of proposed contract changes.
- Resolve requests for equitable adjustment, contract disputes and contract claims.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, construction engineering, management, or related field
- 5-10 years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to analyze financial records and apply data to improved results
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Above average command of English language, both written and spoken
- Strong leadership skills
Senior to Top Management