Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction is searching for a dynamic, self-driven and hard-working Chief Operating Officer to lead the Machinery business, with the ultimate goal to ensure efficient and safe utilization of the machinery currently owned by the company as well as to design and run a solid business to extract value from said machinery.
The successful candidate is expected to build a strong network with the COOs of the other business within the company as well as with the projects heads. He/she will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction is building the future of Myanmar, providing sustainable engineering and construction solutions for smarter growth. We are continually improving standards of living and connecting people by creating international quality housing, commercial developments, transportation infrastructure and energy solutions.
- To ensure efficient allocation and safe utilization of the machinery owned by the Company.
- To design and run a solid business to extract value from said machinery, by looking at internal as well as external sources of revenues.
- Set up system to manage inventory of machinery and equipment, including spare parts, spread across a number of warehouses and project sites all over the country.
- Determine current value of machinery.
- Define and document conditions for safe operations, including certification of operators.
- Set up and manage preventive and repair maintenance plans.
- Work with Top Management to define investment plan, including options for dismissal of non-value adding machinery.
- Set up system for internal charges of machinery use to projects and other businesses within the Group.
- Look at options for providing services (ie machinery rental) to external clients and prepare a business plan to present to Top Management and Board.
- Identify best allocation of machinery by sites and/or geographical areas and define logistics plans for cost-effective relocation based on business needs.
- Set up a capable team to develop the technical and organizational competencies necessary to meet the objectives.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Above average command of English language, both written and spoken
- Financial literacy, ability to work with budgets, P&L statements, feasibility plans, business plans
- At least 15 years’ experience in Engineering & Construction, Heavy Machinery, or related industries, within the functions of Machinery, Maintenance, Logistics & Warehouse or similar
- Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Strong leadership skills
Senior to Top Management