Career > Corporate Office
Number of Vacancies - 1
The Corporate Legal Advisor is the head of the corporate legal department and is responsible for the overall legal affairs of the Group. This role includes providing legal counsel to the Top Management team. The Corporate Legal Advisor must possess strong initiative, as well as excellent management and leadership skills and strong business acumen.
- Report directly to Group CEO and manage legal team
- Lead, guide, advise and oversee all legal matters, compliance and regulatory matters
- Monitor new laws, reforms, regulations and policies and provide appropriate guidance to Top Management team on legal issues
- Ensure the efficient, timely and accurate preparation of day-to-day commercial affairs and intellectual property matters
- Review, recheck and advise on corporate legal documents and agreements
- Prepare legal documents for the application of IP and other documents such as Lawyer Notice Letters, forms, guidelines, contracts, agreements, etc.
- Engage with outside legal counsels, or lawyers or legal firms regarding corporate business transaction issues
- Conduct contract negotiation and settle disputes between the Group and customers/ other businesses.
- Oversee the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel
- Review and analyze newly assigned and existing matters in order to provide the appropriate legal representation until the matter is concluded
- Act as the legal representative of management for the negotiations with clients, joint venture partners and major subcontractors (both local and international)
- Act as a Board Secretary of the company and follow up board secretary’s works
- Other duties as assigned by the Management
- Degree in law or a comparable discipline
- Have 7+ years of experience in legal field
- Must have Higher Grade Pleader or Advocate License
- Experience as a legal advisor for a Large Organization
- Experience in providing legal advice on and taking a leading role in contract drafting and negotiation, tendering for project, conducting due diligence, merger and acquisition etc.
- Have general substantive knowledge of commercial and intellectual property (IP)
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate with a wide variety of groups and individuals.
- Fluent in English and Myanmar (4 skills)
- Discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Be an excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure