Equality and Diversity Officer
Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction is searching for a dynamic, self-driven and hard-working Equality and Diversity Officer, with the aim to help creating a more productive and more respectful work environment for all by reducing any type of workplace discrimination.
The role involves the implementation, monitoring and review of policies and programs designed to ensure the achievement of the company’s strategic goals in terms of equality and diversity.
The successful candidate is expected to work autonomously and to liaise with the top management, the HR function and the management of each business and project. She/he is expected to interact frequently and significantly with external parties, such as business associations, consultants, NGOs, labour offices, certification bodies, etc.
Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction is building the future of Myanmar, providing sustainable engineering and construction solutions for smarter growth. We are continually improving standards of living and connecting people by creating international quality housing, commercial developments, transportation infrastructure and energy solutions.
Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction is part of the Shwe Taung Group, the first organization in Myanmar to receive Group-wide EDGE (Economic Dividends for Gender Equality) ASSESS certification.
To ensure the company meets its stated goals in terms of diversity and equality.
- Become champion of diversity and equality, raise awareness and promote change
- Provide advice, guidance and support on equality and diversity issues
- Compile workforce statistics and prepare and deliver reports, presentations and workshops to top management, staff, stakeholders and partner organisations
- Produce surveys and reports on progress in equality and diversity and preparing action plans to further encourage diversity
- Research, apply and promote diversity initiatives and share best practice
- Act as a Code of Conduct / Respectful Workplaces trainer
- Act as member of the Workers Grievance Committee and contribute to the development of effective systems for reporting any incidents of discrimination
- Act as leader of EDGE accreditation, Respectful Workplaces programs, Culture Campaigns, Childcare initiatives, Flexible work options, UNGC reporting, and any other initiative aimed at improving the quality of the workplace
- Advise colleagues who are involved in recruitment, training, staff development or policy development
- Prepare/distribute internal communication materials
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of anti-discriminatory legislation, and ensure compliance.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- A strong commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- Above average command of English language, both written and spoken
- Cultural sensitivity
- Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Presentation and training skills
- Discretion and trustworthiness
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work with consultants and experts (especially foreigners)
All candidates will be required to go through English, Excel and Powerpoint tests before interview.
Junior to Middle Management