Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction is searching for a dynamic, reliable and hard-working Environmental Officer, to ensure compliance with local and international best practices.
The successful candidate is expected to be familiar with IFC Performance Standards. She/he is expected to interact frequently and significantly with external parties, such as government offices, lenders, business associations, consultants, NGOs, certification bodies, etc.
Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction is building the future of Myanmar, providing sustainable engineering and construction solutions for smarter growth. We are continually improving standards of living and connecting people by creating international quality housing, commercial developments, transportation infrastructure and energy solutions.
To ensure the company meets its stated goals in terms of diversity and equality.
- Become champion of environmental responsibility, raise awareness and promote change
- Take responsibility for the development and implementation of an Environmental Management System
- Ensure that operations are in compliance of local regulations and international best practices (ie IFC’s Performance Standards)
- Coordinate resources for the monitoring, investigation and assessment of projects’ environmental impacts
- Liaise frequently and significantly with NGOs, Government Agencies, lenders, consultants and other key stakeholders in environmental matters
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in environmental field
- A strong commitment to promoting environmental issues
- Above average command of English language, both written and spoken
- Familiarity with the international and Myanmar environmental laws and regulations
- Familiarity with IFC environmental requirements
- Ability to work with consultants and experts (especially foreigners)
All candidates will be required to go through English, Excel and Powerpoint tests before interview.
Junior to Middle Management