Energy, Railway and Special Projects COO
Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction is searching for a dynamic, self-driven and hard-working Chief Operating Officer to lead the Energy, Railway & Special Projects business. The successful candidate is expected to ensure a healthy and sustainable pipeline of infrastructure projects of considerable size and/or complexity, and to competently and successfully oversee their delivery from tender to construction.
He/she will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction is building the future of Myanmar, providing sustainable engineering and construction solutions for smarter growth. We are continually improving standards of living and connecting people by creating international quality housing, commercial developments, transportation infrastructure and energy solutions.
To take overall responsibility for the successful completion of all projects in the Energy (hydropower, solar, etc.), Railway (upgrade, signaling, etc.) and Special Projects portfolio of the company.
- Identify needed resources and prepare budget for all projects in the portfolio.
- Assign, lead and monitor performance of key players (ie project directors/managers) for every project.
- Ensure projects are completed within budget, on time and as per specifications.
- Set up proper control system to ensure project quality & control.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Screen, select, appoint and monitor subcontractors & suppliers.
- Take leadership for a solid Health and Safety culture at every level of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental & Social policies.
- Review construction methods statements and monitor the construction management.
- Ensure proper risk management is implemented at every level of the business.
- Set up a capable team to develop the technical and organizational competencies necessary to meet the objectives.
- Prepare progress report to the management.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Above average command of English language, both written and spoken
- Financial literacy, ability to work with budgets, P&L statements, feasibility plans, business plans
- At least 15 years’ experience in Engineering & Construction, Oil and Gas, Transportation or related industries
- Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Strong leadership skills
Senior to Top Management