Construction Management Manager (Urban Infrastructure)
Career > Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction is searching for a dynamic, self-driven and hard-working Construction Management Head for Urban Infrastructure, is responsible to plan, direct and coordinate all activities within the construction site. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational and communication skills in order to manage and direct development plans.
Shwe Taung Engineering and Construction is building the future of Myanmar, providing sustainable engineering and construction solutions for smarter growth. We are continually improving standards of living and connecting people by creating international quality housing, commercial developments, transportation infrastructure and energy solutions.
To operate construction projects efficiently and deliver profitable growth.
- Provide strategic and professional guidance on system improvements and ways that a project can be delivered smarter, cheaper and faster.
- Review architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Oversee selection and coordination of subcontractors
- Collaborate with the relevant departments to obtain all necessary permits and licenses and manage construction contracts and other related documents and provide other services as projects require.
- Track and control construction schedules and ensure the completion of projects within time and budget allocated.
- Supervise & manage project staffing and contractors & subcontractors.
- Review progress reports, check on any reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly.
- Develop project master plans to provide timeline information on key milestones and project work packages.
- Develop detailed project plans and framework that are consistently utilized across the board and ensure the delivery of milestones within each project plan.
- Prepare and present formal progress reporting documentation to clients
- Deliver projects considering political, cultural and social sensitivities.
- Review and approve contractors payment requests and issue payment certificates as appropriate.
- Coordinate with different teams to ensure the smooth operational processes.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to construction (i.e., engineering, architecture, construction).
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in urban infrastructure.
- Solid project management skills and experience using a range of project management system and programs.
- Experience delivering multiple infrastructure projects.
- Autonomy, flexibility, adaptability and ability to plan long-term, but also flexibility to meet last minute deadlines.
- Strong analytical and technical report writing skills.
- Must be task-oriented and a proven executor.
- Ability to identify and share your personal and professional goals each month with the team and willing to coach others to do the same.
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to analyze financial records and apply data to improved results
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Above average command of English language, both written and spoken
- Strong leadership skills
Senior to Top Management