Community Liaison Officer
Career > Shwe Taung Building Materials
Number of Vacancies - 1
SHWE TAUNG CEMENT CO,. LTD (STC) is a subsidiary company of SHWE TAUNG GROUP (STG) and leading Myanmar Company. The core activities of the company include quarrying for cement raw materials, production and distribution of cement with “Apache” brand in Myanmar.
STG is one of Myanmar’s largest employers with a workforce of over 7,000 employees, all united by our shared core values of integrity, responsibility and resilience. Sustainability is at the core of our strategy. We actively invest in sustainable initiatives to build communities, enhance human capital, protect the environment, and strengthen corporate governance through our wide-ranging corporate social responsibility programme.
STC is undertaking a brownfield expansion of its cement plant in Pyi Nyaung Village, Thazi Township, Mandalay.
International Finance Corporation (IFC), the arm of the World Bank Group (WBG), is financed this project to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, help reduce poverty, and improve people’s lives.
STC is seeking to strengthen its Environmental, Health, Safety and Social (EHSS) Department through the recruitment of Social Specialist, with special emphasis in the area of Mining Industry in Sagaing region.
- Support with EHSS Department and implement Social policies and procedures in STM’s operations
- Ensure that STC’s operations are in the compliance of Local Regulations and the requirements of IFC’s Performance Standards as well as the World Bank Group’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Develop a strong community support network and work with them to offer solutions to STM.
- Facilitate between community stakeholders to ensure smooth coordination of services.
- Work with NGOs, Government Agencies and IFC to mobilize technical support and monitor for an engagement framework according to STC’s needs (including Environmental & Social Management Plan (ESMP), Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP), Community Development Program, Community Health and Safety Program, Operational Level Grievance Redress Mechanisms (GRM) related to Social Issues, etc.,) to address social key performance indicators of STM’s operations.
- Develop a mapping of services in the community.
- A post graduate diploma or degree or master in Public Relations, Social Studies, Politics & Economics, Communications or equivalent discipline.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Passionate about community engagement and social work with the populations in the society.
- Demonstrate commitment to complete the project with the effective application of IFC Performance Standards.
- Willingness and demonstrate to collaborate in teams, seek innovative solutions and to communicate effectively with the full spectrum of STM’s stakeholders.
- Ability to station at Coal Mine, Kalewa Township, Sagaing Region
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Experience in engaging grassroots communities, government agencies and service providers.
- Proven communications and inter-personal skills in engaging with stakeholders.