Communications Specialist (Mandalay)
Career > Shwe Taung Engineering & Construction
Number of Vacancies - 1
We are looking for an experienced Communications Specialist to lead high-visibility outreach on a newly established hydropower project. The project is currently in the pre-construction phase.
The Communications Specialist will lead the external engagement around the project and support internal communications among the project members. He/She will be the key contact for the media, civil society and other stakeholders reaching out to access information about the project. The Communications Specialist will create content for the project website, social media accounts and other public information tools and facilitate strategic external engagement activities.
- Oversee communications with internal and external stakeholders, including facilitating media and CSO engagement with the project.
- Work with the project members to establish a communications plan and articulate strategic initiatives, capturing key concepts for internal and external presentation and adopting a proactive approach to information sharing.
- Formulate and implement a workplan to position the project as a leading, environmentally and socially conscious investment.
- Collaborate with the project members to generate content for websites, social media accounts, information brochures, newsletters and related case studies
- Prepare written materials for the project members as well as stakeholders as needed, to be published through digital platforms, traditional media and distributed at events
- Assist in the programming and delivery of public events, and facilitate the participation of project members at local, regional, national and international events
- Be a main channel of communication between the project and the lenders and lenders advisors
- Organize / facilitate lenders and other delegations visits to the project site
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications, journalism, public relations, or international relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Myanmar
- Five years’ experience in a communications role (work experience in Myanmar, an advantage)
- Experience in synthesizing and presenting complex issues in readily understandable formats
- Experience with Myanmar journalists and civil society, an advantage
- Solid understanding of hydropower investments in emerging markets
- Outstanding organization, project and time management skills
- Quick learner, self-starting, flexible and service-oriented team player
- Willing to work in a highly demanding environment and able to juggle multiple priorities