Cement Plant Process Manager
Career > Shwe Taung Building Materials
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Cement Ltd is searching for a dynamic, experienced Plant Process Manager to take on the responsibility for improving throughput, efficiency, quality, and environmental performance.
The role is located at the plant site in in Pyi Nyaung, Mandalay Division, Myanmar.
Shwe Taung Cement (STC) is part of Shwe Taung Group (STG), a vertically integrated Myanmar conglomerate with a portfolio including real estate, engineering & construction, infrastructure, distribution, lifestyle and building materials in Myanmar. The owners of STC wish to integrate and grow their building materials interests to become one of the top 2 or 3 construction materials companies in Myanmar with world-class performance and governance.
At present, STC is the leading national readymix player. In 2010, STC constructed a greenfield cement plant at Pyi Nyaung which is now sold out. The cement plant is undergoing a brownfield $110M expansion comprising a second line being installed by Sinoma, with first cement planned for year end 2018. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) and associates are co-investing with STG in this development, providing both equity and debt.
The board of STC is now seeking a professional plant manager to lead the team in delivering its ambitions and achieving world-class safety and operating performance.
- Make positive contributions to the plant safety activities and initiatives.
- Provide technical support to the plant’s production, quality, and environmental functions. Understand strategies, priorities, and optimization techniques that assist the plant in attainment of plant and company objectives.
- Evaluate operations, processes, and trends through the use of audits and systematic approaches.
- Provide technical support on implementation of new equipment and/or new procedures including training of plant personnel as required. Serve as coach / mentor to other departments.
- Coordinates and participates in improvement of the Plant’s technical capabilities. Initiate process optimization in collaboration with Quality, Production and Maintenance to ensure maximum and efficient utilization of the plant’s equipment.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures – communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law.
- Challenge daily main equipment operations set-points and practices in: raw mix preparation, kiln operation, and finish grinding. Monitor and interpret the daily quality results. Work with plant cross functional personnel, diagnose process incidents in the field and determine root causes. Optimize daily process by proposing modifications to the process parameters at all stages of the cement manufacturing process.
- Organize and complete audits of raw mill, pyro processing, and finish grinding in autonomy. Identify deviations in process operations and propose / validate corrective actions.
- Interface with vendors, contractors, and engineering firms whose functions are to provide project support with engineering and technical know-how associated with capital project installations. Work with equipment designers / manufacturers in the determination of equipment specifications for plant improvement and expansion projects.
- Develop process and manufacturing improvement proposals.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain standard operation procedures needed to solve typical process and systems problems encountered in the plant.
- Identify environmental constraints and impact on operating permits associated with modification of process, fuels, and / or raw material changes.
- Maintain a database containing the “base line” capabilities of all current equipment and processes.
- Promote new ideas and technologies in the process.
- Coordinate process related activities occurring at the plant.
- Provide technical assistance as required by other plant departments.
- Collaborates with control room operators, shift supervisors, coordinators, managers, corporate engineers to analyze problems and improve operations.
- Any other assigned duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of five years of cement plant experience.
- Above average computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team to ensure continuous improvement in their functional area as well as the overall plant operations.
- Solid understanding of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- Must be able to meet on-call responsibilities in a 24/7 operation.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must display good employability skills (attendance, job performance, attitude, willingness to work, etc.).