Cement Plant Electrical Manager
Career > Shwe Taung Building Materials
Number of Vacancies - 1
Shwe Taung Cement Ltd is searching for a dynamic, experienced Plant Electrical Manager to take on the responsibility for leading maintenance systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process and executing long-term strategic plans.
The role is located at the plant site in in Pyi Nyaung, Mandalay Division, Myanmar.
Shwe Taung Cement (STC) is part of Shwe Taung Group (STG), a vertically integrated Myanmar conglomerate with a portfolio including real estate, engineering & construction, infrastructure, distribution, lifestyle and building materials in Myanmar. The owners of STC wish to integrate and grow their building materials interests to become one of the top 2 or 3 construction materials companies in Myanmar with world-class performance and governance.
At present, STC is the leading national ready-mix player. In 2010, STC constructed a greenfield cement plant at Pyi Nyaung. The cement plant is undergoing a brownfield $110M expansion comprising a second line being installed by Sinoma, with first cement planned for year end 2018. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) and associates are co-investing with STG in this development.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
- Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Obtaining information (MTBF, MTTR) and performing analysis to identify losses and recommending actions to improve.
- Developing maintenance procedures and ensuring implementation
- Conducting preventive maintenance on equipment necessary for production to achieve related plans.
- Monitor equipment to ensure that it is meticulously cared for and always in good working order to avoid lapses in production
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Enforce all health and safety rules and regulations according to state/federal laws and company protocol
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
- Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs (performing quality checks of all machinery, tools, equipment etc)
- 10 years experience in electrical maintenance processes and maintenance planning, cement manufacturer background will be an advantage
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Strong leadership, team building, analytical skill, decision-making and people management skills
- Ability to coach, influence and network within a manufacturing environment
- The ability to implement and use continuous improvement/lean tools to drive improvement
- Understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies
- The ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills
- The ability to work with teams and lead decision making processes in a team environment
- Positive attitude takes initiative and has the motivation to get the job done in a reasonable period of time. Enthusiastic and creates environment of good will and provides a positive role for others.