Career > Shwe Taung Building Materials (STC)
Number of Vacancies - 1
We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. He/she has to report to Chief Financial Officer of Building Materials Business Sector.
Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All day to day accounting work and ensuring that all accounting entries are made properly as per the accounting standards and generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintaining proper books of accounts as required under the law including proper record / document keeping & storing
- Reconciliation and confirming daily cash balance
- Preparation of auditable standard monthly accounts (including monthly costing) and monthly / quarterly Management Information (MIS) in time.
- Proper valuation of all inventory items
- Timely & correct capitalization (as per internal policy & accounting standards), maintaining the fixed asset register, calculation of deprecation
- Co-ordination with concerned department for periodic physical verification of inventory & fixed assets
- Periodic scrutiny of all receivables (except trade receivable), advances & payables and reconciliation / adjustments thereof
- Preparation & Finalization of annual accounts and getting the same audited in time without any adverse comments.
- Preparation of annual Operational & Capex Budget and periodic estimates
- Highlighting the reasons for variance between Budget / Forecast and actual
- Making of payments as per allocated cash and management of payables including reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Assisting in preparation of Board and other presentations
- Timely preparation and filing of all Tax returns (CT, Income tax, withholding tax, capital gain tax etc.) and comply timely all requirements under the various statutes.
- Compliance will all internal controls, systems and processes
- All Share process matters
- Training and coaching of subordinates
- Work in close co-ordination with peers in the department & outside department to achieve overall objective of the company / business sector.
- Any other duties as assigned by the management.
- Experience in Cement is an advantage (not mandatory).
- Experience in manufacturing / process industry is a must.
- SFAS Rules,
- Research Skills,
- Analyzing Information ,
- Attention to Detail,
- Corporate Finance,
- Financial Software,
- General Math Skills